Back to: WordPress 101: Classic
This tutorial video takes a brief tour of all the buttons and functions in the WordPress editor, which is used for editing posts, pages, and other types of content in WordPress.
If you’ve ever used a text editor like Microsoft Word, then you’ll be right at home with the editor toolbar in WordPress. The buttons across the top of the edit pane allow you to simply format text by highlighting a word or phrase, then clicking the button corresponding with the appropriate format style.
Covered in this video:
- How to use each function in the WordPress editor toolbar.
- How to apply bold, italic, or strikethrough formats.
- Inserting bulleted or numbered lists.
- Highlighting text with the blockquote function.
- Aligning text to the left, center, or right.
- Creating and editing text links.
- Using the “More” function to display just an excerpt on the front page.
- The gorgeous, distraction-free full-screen mode.
- Show the second row of buttons with the “Kitchen Sink” button!
- Toggling between Visual and Text/HTML mode in the editor.
- And much, much more…
About Shawn Hesketh
Every day, I help people learn how to use WordPress to build their own online business, website, or blog. In 2008, I created WordPress 101, which has helped more than two million beginners learn how to use WordPress.