Back to: WordPress 101: Classic
This tutorial video demonstrates how to how to install WordPress plugins to add new functions and features to your WordPress site.
Plugins allow you to add new features to your WordPress blog that don’t come standard with the default installation. There are thousands of plugins available for WordPress, and with the Plugins sub-panel, finding, installing, and managing new plugins is easy!
Covered in this video:
- What are plugins, and what do they do?
- How to install WordPress plugins.
- How to activate and deactivate plugins using the Plugins sub-panel.
- How to find new plugins directly from the Plugins > Add New sub-panel.
- Using the automatic plugin installer.
- Installing the popular Jetpack plugin.
- Configuring Jetpack options.
Be sure to check out our 42-part course for the Jetpack plugin. You’ll learn how to keep your WordPress site secure, increase traffic, engage your readers, and much more!
About Shawn Hesketh
Every day, I help people learn how to use WordPress to build their own online business, website, or blog. In 2008, I created WordPress 101, which has helped more than two million beginners learn how to use WordPress.